MSI TRANSDUCER CORPORATION,
A leader in innovative design and manufacturing of Ultrasonic transducers,
is recruiting for a
Electro-Mechanical Engineering Program Manager
The Mechanical/Electrical Engineering Program Manager assures the successful efforts of all personnel and functions assigned to MSI’s prototyping and production programs from program inception to program completion. This hands-on role will be responsible for complex mechanical and acoustical designs and will complete detailed electro-acoustic designs, provide technical direction to achieve completion of drawings, development of new assembly processes, and the fabrication and testing of transducers. This position will have primary involvement in design reviews both internal and with customers.
The ideal candidate will have experience with acoustic transducers and sonar.
- Produce and evaluate transducer designs including acoustical and electrical outputs, mechanical configurations and environmental protection for underwater use.
- Establish milestones and monitor adherence to master plans, schedules, and budgets.
- Design components, assemblies, and subassemblies.
- Complete detailed design and analysis culminating in an engineering drawing package and related parts lists and BOMs.
- Define and direct verification and validation of hardware and processes against specification requirements.
- Define and direct the performance of program functional task elements such as procurement, manufacturing, quality, configuration, logistics, administrative functions, contracts administration, facilities, etc.
- Interface with outside vendors to determine part suitability and availability of materials and parts.
- Conduct periodic program status review meetings with major program contributors to report status relative to all aspects of program objectives and assure resolution of program performance issues.
- Present and defend design packages at internal and customer attended reviews.
- Act as the principal point of contact with the customer, with responsibility for assuring customer satisfaction in terms of product performance, delivery, cost, and related areas.
- Coordinate with business development as appropriate and assist in the preparation and implementation of business development and marketing plans. Responsible for initial program planning including proposal coordination, proposal preparation, development of statements of work specifications and estimation of product or service costs.
- Work with Business Development to bid new prototype programs.
EDUCATION/YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- A Master’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science or related technical field is required (Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Ocean Engineering, Acoustics, or Physics).*
- Must have 5 to 10 years of experience in engineering and in a related field.*
- 3+ years of Program Management experience driving tasks to completion, managing schedules and budgets.
- Strong communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Proven ability working well in multi-disciplinary teams with conflicting/competing priorities.
- Experience with DoD prototyping and production programs.
- Exceptional decision-making and communication skills.
- Experience in creating, reviewing, releasing, and controlling technical documentation packages in a production environment.
Must be proficient with in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Project or an equivalent program management software. Must be familiar with numerical-analysis software such as MathCad or MATLAB. Must be familiar with 3D solid modelling software such as Solidworks or Alibre. The ideal candidate will have familiarity with a commercial finite element software such as PZ Flex or ANSYS.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must possess knowledge, skills and abilities or be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the primary functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities and to possess the necessary physical requirement, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the primary functions of the job.
- Physical requirements include: the ability to bend downward and forward by bending spine at the waist; bend legs at knee, to come to rest on knee or knees, bend the body downward and forward by bending leg and spine; extend hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction; use upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward, or outward, use upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion; raise objects from a lower to a higher position or move objects horizontally from position to position; to pinch, pick or otherwise primarily work with fingers. Primary functions are performed sitting or standing or a combination of both.
- Visual acuity sufficient for work which deals largely with reading, writing and computer work.
- Ability to perform repetitive or routine duties working from detailed instructions and under standard procedures.
- Ability to endure periods of heavy workload.
If you meet these criteria, please forward your resume to: HumanResources@msitransducers.com.